Any dentist can whiten your teeth in Downey, CA as long as they’re registered with the General Dental Council. Registered dental experts and dental hygienists can also carry out teeth whitening on the prescription of a dentist. More and more people are paying for brighter & whiter teeth. But does teeth whitening really work and is it safe? Here understand about the treatment. Teeth whitening require bleaching your teeth to make them lighter. It can’t make your teeth shining white, but it can lighten the existing color by several shades.
Where to Go for Whiten Your Teeth in Downey, CA?
Looking for whitening your teeth in Downey, CA? Teeth whitening is a form of dentistry and must only be carried out by an expert dentist or another regulated dental professional, such as a dental therapist, or dental hygienist on the prescription of a dentist.
Some beauty salons also provide teeth whitening, but this is illegal if there’s no dental professional present which can lead your oral health at risk. You can also purchase DIY home teeth whitening kits but these may also carry risks.
What to Expect During Whiten Your Teeth Procedure with Professional
In-office tooth whitening is not an altogether complex procedure, but it does need the skill to avoid injury to the gingival (gum) area. Besides, expensive equipment may be required to develop and finish the procedure. The procedure can be done anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes. There are many standard steps to performing in-office tooth whitening in Downey, CA:
- Before starting the procedure, your dentist will create a record of the current shade of your teeth.
- Your teeth would then be polished with pumice to replace any plaque on the surface.
- To keep your teeth dry, your mouth will be isolated with gauze. Retractors can also be used to keep your lips, cheeks, and tongue well away from the whitening solution.
- Following, a tooth whitening solution is used for coating on the front surface only. The solution generally requires either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide as the bleaching agent.
- Many whitening products require a curing light or laser to activate the peroxide. Once done, the solution would be left on the teeth for 30 to 60 minutes, or reapplied occasionally, depending on the brand.
- Once the optimum shade has been reached, the teeth would be rinsed. A fluoride application can be used to assist ease any tooth sensitivity.
- Further visits would be scheduled until the desired shade is reached.
Once whiten teeth procedure will be done, you would be instructed to avoid a high level of pigmentation foods or beverages for at least 24 hours such as coffee, tomato sauce, tea, tomato juice, yellow mustard, black grapes, beets, candies, and red wine. Smoking or tobacco of any sort would also be avoided.
Do you still have questions? Visit Nicholas S St George DDS our team would love to assist you with our wonderful services for whitening your teeth in Downey, CA.