Dear Valued Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last four months. We are so grateful for you all and your trust in our team. We are happy to be back in operation, serving the community, with integrity and a smile. While many things have changed, one thing has remained constant: our commitment to your safety.
On July 13th, Governor Newsom took additional steps to slow the transmission of COVID-19 by closing indoor operations for many business sectors throughout the state. At this time, these restrictions do not affect the provision of essential health care services, including dental care.
There is no higher priority to us than the safety and well-being of our patients and team. Our office would like to reassure you that we follow the prescribed guidelines for disinfection and sterilization put forth by the California Dental Association (CDA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We continue to follow the activities of these agencies so that we remain up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
We have implemented new infection control processes to ensure the care you receive is as safe and comfortable as possible. These changes will help protect our patients and staff. This includes but is not limited to:
- We will reach out to you the day before your appointment to administer a COVID-19 screening assessment. Upon entry to the office we will take your temperature and you will once again be given the screening assessment. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your reserved time to allow for these precautions.
- We kindly ask that you enter the office wearing a face mask or face covering. Hand sanitizer will be given to you upon entry, and readily available in the office if needed.
- Our reception area will no longer offer certain items, such as magazines, children’s toys and coloring books, in compliance with state and local infection control protocols.
- Appointment availability has been reduced by 25% to allow for proper social distancing and to provide sufficient time for proper infection control measures. By allowing greater time between patients, we reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. This best adheres to the guidance set forth by the aforementioned governing agencies.
- Due to this reduction in appointment availability, it is imperative that you confirm your reserved appointment, or allow us the 24 hour notice that we require to change your appointment to avoid a cancellation fee. This allows other patients an opportunity to address their dental needs.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to address any questions or concerns you may have regarding the steps we take to keep you safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (562)927-2602 or visit our website at www.drstgeorgedental.com.
Thank you for being part of our dental family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. St. George and Team